Marriage and Family Therapist Intern
We currently have openings for trainees currently enrolled in a counseling/ marriage and family therapist master's program. The MFT Practicum program accepts qualified students year-round. It is a year-long (20-hour/week) training program aimed to provide student trainees with clinical, team oriented, real-world experience. Trainees are assigned a variety of clients, providing individual, family and group therapy. Our supervision includes individual and group models. In addition, the student trainees are provided with intensive and therapeutic model-specific trainings on a weekly and monthly basis. We include Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) training for the students.
Here is what we can offer your students:
* No charge for enrollment or participation
* 10-15 hours of direct client contact weekly (group and individual-depending on level of experience)
* Group and individual supervision by knowledgeable, caring licensed staff
GOALS OF OUR TRAINEE PGROGRAM:
• To become familiar and comfortable with the counseling process
• To be able to diagnose and develop treatment interventions.
• To begin to identify with a particular approach to counseling.
• To identify one’s own strengths and weaknesses as a counselor.
• To learn how to integrate counseling with theology at a conceptual and a practical level.
Operation: The Joy of Giving
Volunteers can be of assistance from July through December. Operation The Joy of Giving volunteers can help and join in on projects listed below:
Create, distribute and mail promotional materials
Assist in fund-raising activities which help pay for gas, storage, technical support, and printed materials
Assist with inventory control, shelving and gift sorting during distribution center operations (December)
Assist gift store shoppers with gift selections
Assist with distribution center cleanup and storage
Set up a Holiday tree at your place of business and encourage coworkers to take "Angel Tags" (gift suggestions) to help a needy child or senior by purchasing a special gift for them
For more information on volunteer opportunities in other RAFS programs, contact Nancy Villalobos @ 818-647-2988 or Nvillalobos@roadaheadfamilyservices.org